Assamese ( অসমীয়া) is the easternmost Indo-Aryan language. It is used mainly in the state of Assam in North-East India. It is also the official language of Assam. It is also spoken in parts of Arunachal Pradesh and other northeast Indian states.Small pockets of Assamese speakers can be found in Bhutan. Assamese has derived its phonetic character set and its behavior from Sanskrit. It is written using the Assamese script. Assamese is written from left to right and top to bottom, in the same manner as English. A large number of ligatures are possible since potentially all the consonants can combine with one another.
Many people wanted to know how to write in Assamese in a windows 7 computer. The process is not very straight forward so I decided to write this post. Please follow the following steps …….
1. Just go the “Control Panel” of your windows 7 pc. Now go to the “Region and Language” settings.
2. Now go to the “Keyboards and Language” tab.
3. Now click on the “Change Keyboards” option. Now click on the “Add” button.
4.Now from the dropdown menu select “Assamese” keyboard and click Ok.
5. Now You can see that “Assamese Keyboard is added to your Installed Services.Click Ok to save the settings.
6. Now you can see the Language selection option in the Taskbar.From there you can change the language in which you want to type .
7. Now you can type in Assamese in a word processor like “Word Pad”
Nirab Sarma Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe And Receive Updates Right In Your Inbox.