Bzeek is a free tool for Windows users which can transforms your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Now you can share your existing Internet connection on your laptop with your friends by Creating your Own Wi-Fi Network Around your Laptop without any external router. Any Wi-Fi enabled device music players and smart phones can join your Hotspot just like any other Wi-Fi access point.
At home, we have plenty of Internet. Most of this Internet bandwidth is unused - most users use less than 5% of their Internet bandwidth. But on the roam, Internet is scarce and precious. Fortunately, we've noticed that almost everywhere you roam, you are in WiFi range of a local computer which is already connected to the Internet and has unused bandwidth. With Bzeek, the computer with the unused bandwidth emits WiFi to roaming devices which are in need for Internet. You can also connect your WiFi devices such as the iPod Touch, iPhone, and PSP through your Bzeek - for free! Once Bzeek is installed on the computer, a new WiFi network will be available nearby, called 'Bzeek Free WiFi' - this is the network that you can connect to with your devices.
Usability and Security Features of Bzeek =
1. Bzeek upgrades your laptop to be a software access point for free. When Bzeek is on, a wireless network appears with the name 'Bzeek Free WiFi'.
2. Bzeek enables you to connect your iPhone, WiFi enabled device, Palm, or laptop to the Internet easily.
3. Bzeek lets you enjoy Internet access around the world.
4. Bzeek has a built-in Firewall that protects your computer and network.
5. Bzeek creates a totally separate network for other visitors, which works next to your existing network.
6. Bzeek's security features ensure people connecting to Bzeek cannot access or even see your computer. This means they cannot see your files, to know who you are, or to have any kind of access to your computer.
I think Bzeek is a very nice concept. You should definitely give it a try. Download Bzeek from their official website.