You may already know that Microsoft has unveiled the “Release Preview” or the “Release Candidate” version of its upcoming Windows operating system codenamed “Windows 8” on May 31st, 2012 and In my previous article I have already Given you the Direct Download links for the Windows 8 RC Build. Now you may want to know if your Current machine is capable of running Windows 8 or not. In this article we will discuss about the minimum system Requirements to run Windows 8 smoothly.
Here’s a good news for Windows 7 and Windows Vista users. Windows 8 is being designed to play nicely with existing hardware. If your PC is running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, then it won’t require any additional hardware to run upcoming Windows operating system Windows 8. When Windows Vista was released, system requirements were suffered dramatically and Microsoft had to pay the price. With release of Windows 7, Microsoft cleared the decay and retained the same hardware requirements for Windows 7. Now Microsoft is working hard to do the same one more time.
Windows 8 Release Preview ( RC Build ) System Requirements =
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7 or Windows vista:
1. Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
2. RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
3. Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
4. Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
5. To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
6. To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
7. To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
If still you haven't Downloaded the “Release Preview” or the “Release Candidate” version of Windows 8 then you can follow my previous article for Windows 8 Release Preview ( RC Build ) Direct Download Links .